Science/Exploration at Home
Go for a hike or just go explore your backyard and become a citizen scientist.
- The Vermont Center for Eco Studies — Programs that need your help to make observations of Vermont wildlife and nature.
- The Loon Watch — A one day survey in July in which volunteers record data about loons in Vermont. This data allows scientists to better support the loon population in Vermont.
- The Vermont Atlas of Life i— Database of observations from all over Vermont. By adding your observations you can help to discover new species as well and keep track of known species population in Vermont. This is real science, that records real data, which can be used in research by scientists all over Vermont.
- Code.org — Fun game-like tutorials teach the basics of computer programming. Learn to code websites, apps, and games.
- Madewithcode.com — Focuses on girls interested coding.
- The Northeast Kingdom Astronomy Foundation has presentations and programs throughout the year on various topics in astronomy.
- Northern Skies Observatory in Peacham VT has star parties where visitors can tour the facility and look through telescopes at the stars.