How the Dailey got it's name

Mrs. Dailey in her garden.

Mrs. Dailey in her garden.

The original Derby Public Library was organized in December 1942. In 1956, Mr. and Mrs. William Dailey provided a building lot and $10,000 to build a new library. In 1957, the new Dailey Memorial Library opened to the public.

The library serves Derby, Morgan, Charleston and other surrounding towns.

Our Mission

The mission of the Dailey Memorial Library is to provide and maintain a collection of materials that meet the educational, cultural, and recreational needs of all members of the community.

The Library seeks to identify community needs and to provide programs for all children and adults of the area.